Friday, October 07, 2005

Ultra zoom camcorder from Panasonic - PV-GS35

I love researching about the latest electronic gadgets more than buying them. Recently I came back to researching about camcorders and stumbled across this small ultra zoom camcorder PV-GS35 from Panasonic. I had been always a fan of Panasonic for making 3CCD camcorders available to low budget consumers from the time they released the PV-GS70. PV-GS35 is not a 3CCD camcorder like most of the other PV-GSs. But it's extraordinary optical range is what impressed me. I am sure this would be great to shoot something like "Birds in my backyard".

Read the CNET Review of Panasonic PV-GS70, 30x optical zoom camcorder.

The CNET editor's take is:
The Panasonic PV-GS35 is an ordinary MiniDV video camcorder with an extraordinary optical-zoom range.

Also, according to the CNET editor, Here are the goods:
"Superb zoom reach; solid video quality; excellent battery life; simple controls."
and the bads:
"Poor still quality; obscure icons for manual settings; odd shifting effect from image stabilization."

No comments: